Day 89: Tips on how to shoot flowers! One of my all time favorite subjects are flowers. They are so colorful and put a smile on my face, especially in the winter when I am starved for color! Here are some easy tips on how to best photograph flowers!
- Get down on their level to shoot them.
- Get as close to them as you can.
- Shoot a part of a flower, may have to use manual focus.
- Strive for good composition, place the center of the flower using the Rule of Thirds.
- Use the Rule of Odds, in a group shoot an odd number of them, not even.
- Use selective focus.
- Use a wide open aperture in natural light, set vase in window, and make that great bokeh happen!
- When outside, lay on the ground and shoot them at their level.
Hope this helps! Get out and shoot some colorful flowers today!
DARE TO LIKE OR COMMENT!