Day 100: Top 10 Ways to decrease anxiety and stress! I am feeling some anxiety and stress these days! My new business venture and all. My blog post yesterday illustrated that. I am going to list my top 10 ways to decrease anxiety and stress. These have helped me and hope they will help you too!
- Get enough sleep. For some people it might be 7 hours for others it might be 9.
- Exercise everyday. Whether that is yoga or aerobics or strength training, whatever works for you. Endorphins are released during and after exercise, “runner’s high.”
- Eat 3 well balanced meals everyday. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For those of us that regularly exercise, we should eat your largest meal shortly after our workout. Remember protein is great for feeding your muscles, watch your sugar intake, it is not good, usually goes straight to fat, if not used right away for energy.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine. They can make anxiety worse, plus too much alcohol and caffeine can negatively affect your sleep, which is not good.
- Take time out when needed. Take a break or a “chill pill” by meditating or doing some relaxation techniques, like deep breathing. I also pray for guidance, but I know not everybody does.
- Keep a positive attitude. Replace your negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Start your day with self-affirmations, they help, trust me!
- Realize that there are lots of things that are OUT OF YOUR CONTROL!
- Take deep breaths and COUNT TO 10.
- Stay well connected. Get together regularly with friends and family.
- Recognize what your triggers are that make you anxious or stressed. I keep a daily journal that helps to defuse my anxiety and it also helps me to pinpoint the triggers.
I really hope this helps! I just read an AWESOME blog about anxiety by “the Nerdy Lion” which helped me and I know will help you.
Dare to LIKE or COMMENT.