Day 104: Today I am going to critique my own photo! This is a photo shot from a bridge a few days ago with my 85mm f1.8 Nikon lens. We are still in the throws of winter here, unfortunately! I am so ready for spring! At the University of Alaska Anchorage I took film and digital photography courses. In both courses we showed our work and the class was to critique our work, both positive and negative. I am going to critique this photo as I would have in class, except it will be of my own work.
- Composition is good as it is layered, interesting and the different layers are divided into thirds, which lends itself to the Rule of Thirds.
- I could have cropped the dark colored area on the upper right side of the image, one’s eye is drawn to that and thus slightly distracting.
- The different textures in this photo make this image more interesting.
- The fact that this image is monochromatic showcases the texture better than if it were in color.
- The white vertical strip of ice is eye catching and is slightly off center and helps to draw the eye into the image.
- There is good contrast in this image.
- There is good sharpness in this image, which causes the eye to look closer at it.
I would really like to hear your comments about this abstract monochromatic image! Good or bad.
LIKE or COMMENT. Thanks!