Day 132: Tips on how to shoot flowers! One of my all time favorite subjects are flowers. They are so colorful and put a smile on my face, especially in the winter when I am starved for color! Here are some easy tips on how to best photograph flowers!
- Get down on their level to shoot them.
- Get as close to them as you can.
- Shoot a part of a flower, may have to use manual focus.
- Strive for good composition, place the center of the flower using the Rule of Thirds.
- Use the Rule of Odds, in a group shoot an odd number of them, not even.
- Use selective focus.
- Use a wide open aperture in natural light, set vase in window, and make that great bokeh happen!
- When outside, lay on the ground and shoot them at their level.
Hope this helps! Get out and shoot some colorful flowers today as they start to emerge from the soil!
DARE TO LIKE OR COMMENT!